Cowboy Steak Seasoning
photo by Darkhunter
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans, dark freshly finely ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- In a large fry pan over medium low flame, toss in all the seasonings except the brown sugar.
- Let the spices bloom until they just begin to color and the aroma from the pan is killer.
- Remove from the heat, transfer bowl and stir in the brown sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is going to make a very flavorful rub....and the only problem I had was with the "blooming" of the spices. I have a respitory problem, and I almost choked to death on the fragrance. So a word of caution......If you suffer from breathing problems, make sure you make this in a WELL VENTILATED kitchen. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
This is very easy to put together, since it uses already ground spices. As stated by previous reviewer, the aroma is terrific. I used it to coat boneless, skinless chicken breast, which I then baked. Very tasty! I think it would be good on pork chops, also. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe Recipe of the Day.
WOW! Another of those recipes that make for a five for the aroma alone - and one you know you will make again and again! Tossing those seasonings into that pan made for double wows. Prefect on burgers, chicken and I am sure it would be equally good on steak. Have yet to use it for your recipe#289271 - be assured I well! ! Thank you for a great seasoning to add to my collection.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to grocery shop; prepare food; come up with new recipes; feed family and friends. I have won numerous cooking contests that I am very proud of.