Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a unique idea for grilled steak on the barbecue and the garlic salsa is great with it!
Top Review by JustJanS
We thought this was outstanding. It has so many of the things we love-steak, garlic, lemon, herbs-all dished up in on of our favourite ways, a warm salad. The recipe needs to be read carefully, as there seems to be lots of steps in lots of places, but it all falls into place once you begin, and is more than worth it! We used the mushrooms, but as I loathe raw mushrooms, so we barbequed them too.
Spicy Garlic Salsa (step one)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (for salsa, step two)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped (for salsa, step two)
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steaks or 1 lb london broil beef, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups bite sized pieces romaine lettuce or 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake Salsa (step one) ingredients together in a tightly sealed container and set aside 1/4 cup.
- Stir green onions and tomatoes (step two) into remaining salsa.
- Grill (covered) steak and bell pepper 4 to 5 inches over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning steak once and pepper frequently.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into 1/4 inch slices and toss with reserved 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Place romaine or salad greens, bell pepper, mushrooms and steak into large bowl.
- Add the salsa, tomato and green onion mixture and toss.