Recipe by hepcat1
You'll never go back to prepackaged burger meat again! The two different meats that are freshly ground give it really great flavor. Courtesy of Alton.
- 8 ounces chuck, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- bun, toasted
- mayonnaise (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In separate batches, pulse the chuck and the sirloin in a food processor 10 times. Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Form the meat into 5-ounce patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the hamburger patties in the pan. For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side. For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers only ONCE during cooking.
- If desired, spread mayonnaise on a toasted bun and top with some freshly ground black pepper. Add your delicious burger and enjoy!