Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
General marinade for all kinds of steaks (and other meats as well). This is a modified version of a recipe we found. As with all marinades, the longer you can marinade, the better! We usually try to get everything done the night before, so the steaks soak for at least 12 hours, which ensures great taste and tenderness.
- 118.29 ml Worcestershire sauce (low sodium, if possible)
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil or 118.29 ml olive oil or 118.29 ml sunflower oil or 118.29 ml peanut oil
- 14.79 ml garlic powder (crushed) or 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- 14.79 ml onion powder (diced) or 1 small onion (diced)
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 340.19 g beer
- 59.14 ml of your favorite barbecue sauce (we used Garlic & Herb Pasta sauce instead)
- 59.14 ml lime juice (or Lemon Juice)
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate your steak for 3-6 hours.
Made this when needing a marinade for a rather tough cut of steak that I was grilling and so glad I found this one. When I first looked at all the ingrediants I was a little nerveous that it might be overkill but it wasn't. Followed the directions to the letter and let it sit for about 8 hours. Grilled the steaks and it was soooo good with an explosion of flavors and the steaks were perfect tenderness. The DGSs kept asking if DH and I were really going to eat ALL our steak as they kept wanting more. The youngest even took the recipe home so he could give it to his Mom - Thanks for posting something that these picky eaters are already requesting again.