General marinade for all kinds of steaks (and other meats as well). This is a modified version of a recipe we found. As with all marinades, the longer you can marinade, the better! We usually try to get everything done the night before, so the steaks soak for at least 12 hours, which ensures great taste and tenderness.
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce (low sodium, if possible)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil or 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (crushed) or 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (diced) or 1 small onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 12 ounces beer
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce (we used Garlic & Herb Pasta sauce instead)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or Lemon Juice)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate your steak for 3-6 hours.
Made this when needing a marinade for a rather tough cut of steak that I was grilling and so glad I found this one. When I first looked at all the ingrediants I was a little nerveous that it might be overkill but it wasn't. Followed the directions to the letter and let it sit for about 8 hours. Grilled the steaks and it was soooo good with an explosion of flavors and the steaks were perfect tenderness. The DGSs kept asking if DH and I were really going to eat ALL our steak as they kept wanting more. The youngest even took the recipe home so he could give it to his Mom - Thanks for posting something that these picky eaters are already requesting again.