General marinade for all kinds of steaks (and other meats as well). This is a modified version of a recipe we found. As with all marinades, the longer you can marinade, the better! We usually try to get everything done the night before, so the steaks soak for at least 12 hours, which ensures great taste and tenderness.
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce (low sodium, if possible)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil or 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (crushed) or 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (diced) or 1 small onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 12 ounces beer
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce (we used Garlic & Herb Pasta sauce instead)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or Lemon Juice)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate your steak for 3-6 hours.