Recipe by Sheila in Alaska
If you like Lo Mein you will love this recipe. Before you start cooking have all ingredients prepped and ready to go. Once you start cooking everything goes together fast.
- 1 lb round steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot, partially cooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 15 fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze steak just until firm; slice diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
- Combine bouillon, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Add meat and garlic; stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove meat to a platter.
- Add cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery and green onions; stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add meat.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour into skillet; cook and stir until thickened. Gently toss in spaghetti and heat through for 1 minute.