Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This method produces a juicy, tender steak. You can increase cooking time if you prefer your steak to be other than medium-rare. You'll have to experiment with that, however, since I like mine medium-rare and haven't tried it any other way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove excess fat from steak.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Spread oil and then butter on steak.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Press this mixture onto steak, coating well.
- Place steak in bag and fold over ends securely.
- Place bag on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes for medium-rare meat.
- Remove steak from bag and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle steak with parsley before serving.
This was very tasty. I used a tenderloin. I made a paste out of all the ingredients except the bread crumbs and cheese. I also added garlic salt to the paste. I spread the paste on each side of steak and topped it with the bread crumbs and cheese. It did seem to change the texture of the tenderloins but it was still very tender and tasty. Easy clean up, the mess stayed in the bag. Make sure when you are baking this to put the bag on a jelly roll pan or something similar to that as the butter soaks through the bag. As soon as food.com allows me to post my picture of this meal I will do so.
wow! Thanks for posting this.I made this several years ago & then lost the recipe. I reconise yours to be the same. Can't wait to make it again It's fantastic
ummm, the bag you are to use is a brown paper grocery bag - make sure when you place the concotion in the oven, the paper is not touching or near the baking elements!