Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A new and different way to serve up some good fajitas!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 ounces boneless beef top round or 6 ounces beef flank steak
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium onion, cut in half
- 12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded leaf lettuce
- Combine lime juice, garlic, oregano and cumin in shallow dish. Add steak, bell pepper and onion. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cook pasta shells according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain and rinse well under cold water; set aside.
- Grill or broil steak and vegetables over medium heat 6-8 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning once.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut steak into thin slices.
- Chop vegetables.
- Place steak slices and vegetables in medium bowl.
- Stir in sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro.
- Stuff shells evenly with meat mixture, mounding slightly.
- Arrange shells in 8-inch baking dish. Pour salsa over filled shells. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Divide lettuce evenly among 4 plates; arranage 3 shells on each plate.
I've made this recipe several times and it is AMAZING! I doubled the marinade because I felt like not enough of the meat and veggies were being covered. I will usually flip the container at least once while it is marinating to make sure everything is soaking up the awesome awesome flavor. Also, really, only 2 tbs of cheese? I do a big handful!
This recipe was UNREAL! The marinade it where it's at! I put everything together in the morning and looked forward to it all afternoon! It took s alittle bit of time to actually put everything together but it was so worth it. My husband and our friend LOVED them and two of us had seconds. I think generally the shells need to be in the oven a little bit longer than 15 minutes because they weren't quite heated all the way through. This is definitely recipe we'll add to our regular rotation :) Thank yoU!