Recipe by Beaner in Washington
This is the best Stew and so easy! Wonderful recipe for fall and winter. Wonderful for a working mother! This recipe came from my husbands family and I am so glad that my mother in law shared this with us! I serve this with tossed green salad and homemade rolls. Yum!
Top Review by Lubie
This has a great flavor. I put it in the crockpot before I left for work and it was perfect when I got home that evening. I used tenderized beef stew meat (which just about melted in your mouth) and I left out the peas and mushrooms because of personal taste. I doubled the amount of soup to compensate for the juices from the peas and mushrooms that I left out. My husband raved about it (which means it is really good!) I highly recommend this recipe!
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tiny peas (use pea juice also)
- 1 cup sliced carrot (lengthwise)
- 2 onions, cut up
- 1 -2 stalk sliced celery (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (use juice) (optional) or 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms (use juice) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, thin with 1/2 cup water
- 1 large raw potato
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all together in large casserole dish.
- Pour soup and pea juice over top of ingredients.
- Make sure to have a good fitting lid for your casserole dish.
- Cook for 5 hours at 275 to 300°F.
- You may also use a crock pot to cook this on high for 5 approx hours or low for approx 10 hours.