Recipe by Sharon123
These are just heavenly!
Top Review by Lillian Martinez
Beautiful and delicious pancakes. Thanks for posting this. My husband and I got to escape for a weekend and had the use of our friends cabin. I made these for a romantic breakfast and it was stunning to look at and scrumptious tasting. I highly recommend this for any romantic occasion. I sprinkled with powdered sugar, topped with some whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- strawberry preserves or sliced strawberries or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add milk mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Heat griddle over medium heat until hot.
- (Drops of water will sizzle, then evaporate.) For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into griddle.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges.
- Carefully turn over pancake; cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar; serve warm with desired toppings.
- (I use a star shaped mold, placed on grill. You must spray mold with vegetable oil) Try using metal star shaped cookie cutters!