Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Light and bright bread with coconut. I you have a star fruit tree, you will appreciate having this recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 2 cups star fruit, mashed
- 1 cup coconut, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter and then cream in eggs.
- Blend in white wine and star fruit.
- Stir in flour mixture, blending thoroughly and then stir in coconut.
- Spoon into a well greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch bread pan or just use silpat.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We have friends who grow carambola and every year they give us buckets of gorgeous star fruit. I use the food processor to pulp it and freeze it in 2 cup portions so I can make this terrific bread frequently. It's a nice light bread, really nice with tea. I add about an extra 1/4 cup coconut just because I can.
My Mother in Law has a star fruit tree and she loves to share. I am not the biggest star fruit fan so I was searching online for star fruit recipes so this fruit would not go to waste. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
The recipe is easy to follow, I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and my fiance and my coworkers LOVE this bread. I have a gluten allergy so I was unable to try it BUT they are forever asking me to make this bread. So it is a hit!!