Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend of mine gave this to me a few years ago and it's constantly requested for family functions. The cornflakes make the dish!
- 2 lbs diced frozen hash browns, thawed (in freezer section)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn flakes, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350~.
- Combine all ingredients, except for cornflakes.
- Put all into 9X13 pan.
- Top with cornflakes and butter mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are done.
This was awesome and everyone including DBF loved it. I only had frozen shreds in the freezer but was making potato salad anyway so I just diced up another 2 pounds of potatoes and boiled them up. Mixed it then as directed and baked. Only boo boo I did was I thought it was 1/2 cup margarine with the cornflakes and after I dumped it all over the top I realized it. Of course I made it slightly more greasy but the kids were sopping it up with bread! They are already wanting more of this soon! Thanks T&C for a great keeper recipe!