Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy to cook and great on a busy night
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb other medium shape pasta
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb collard greens, chopped and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove from pan, crumble and reserve bacon.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Sauté garlic and onion in remaining drippings.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Add collard greens and stir to coat collard greens with bacon drippings.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover pan and simmer until collard greens are tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix collard greens and pan juices with the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped bacon.
- Serve immediately.
a good taste and quick. It reminded me of penne and broccoli by smell, but the taste was different. Tasty