Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use romaine lettuce instead of spinach in this recipe.
Make and share this St Augustine Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, pared and cooked
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup green peas, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- Place all ingredients except spinach in a large bowl and mix well.
- Adjust seasonings if desired then serve on a bed of spinach.
Simple, but flavorful! I actually whisked together the dressing ingredients in the bottom of the bowl before adding the vegetables and egg. I had some lovely green beans from the garden (as well as spinach), and found some beautiful beefsteak tomatoes. I used fresh ground pepper and ground sea salt. It was truly a gourmet experience! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.