Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe has been used by our church for their many bazaars and also dinners. It is a favorite at Thanksgiving and Christmas time
- 1 1⁄4 loaves bread, dry and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided and melted
- meat stock, as needed
- Mix all ingredients together except 1/2 stick of butter and add enough meat stock to keep juicy.
- Stir often.
- Bake at least 2 1/2 hours in 350 degree oven.
- Top with other 1/2 melted oleo when nearly done.