1/4 Photos of Sri Lankan Pineapple Curry
Brian Holley's Note:
Delightful dish to serve with a hot curry. Easy to cook as tinned pineapple is used in this dish. You could serve this as a desert, it is not very spicy. I prefer it with a good chicken curry. Coconut milk defines this dish firmly as Sri Lankan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 19 ounces pineapple chunks, drained (keep the juice)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 hot green peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 inch cube fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and green peppers till just soft.
- 2Now add all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the coconut milk and sugar. Stir well to blend and coat the pineapple with the spices. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add half of the pineapple juice to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the sugar and coconut milk, simmer 2 minutes.
- 5Take off of the heat.
- 6Serve hot or cold as a side dish for your curry.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sri Lankan Pineapple Curry
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 128.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: