Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
To prevent the rice from clumping, be sure to separate the grains before use. From the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook.
- Halve zucchini and squashes lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Put rice in a large bowl and gently separate grains, breaking apart lumps.
- Coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add zucchini, squash and pepper. Saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in water, cover and cook until vegetables are tender when pierced (about 3 minutes).
- Uncover and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through (3 - 4 minutes). Stir in tomato, basil, parsley and cheese.