1/6 Photos of Squash Soup
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from my Other Half, We like it in the summertime, although we do serve it up throughout the year--usually hot when first made & then as a cold leftover!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the squash into a large sauce pan & cover with water.
- 2Cook until very tender, then drain off the water.
- 3Divide the squash & mash half of it, then in the original sauce pan, mix all the squash together with the half-and-half.
- 4On medium heat, reheat the squash mixture.
- 5Meantime, cut the Velveeta cheese into chunks.
- 6When the squash is again hot, add the cheese to the hot mixture, stirring it often as the cheese melts.
- 7The chopped onion & garlic salt can be added as the cheese continues to melt.
- 8When all the cheese is melted, the soup is ready to serve hot. If it's to be served cold, let it cool, then chill it in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 719.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g