Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in a magazine and it sounded too good not to save.
Make and share this Squash and Tomato Galette recipe from Food.com.
- Heat grill.
- In a large bowl, toss yellow squash and zucchini slices with oil and salt.
- Grill vegetables, turning once until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- On lightly floured surface, roll piecrust into a 14" circle.
- Carefully transfer to a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs and basil.
- Spread mixture in a 9" circle in middle of piecrust.
- Arrange half of the grilled vegetable slices in spoke fashion to cover cheese mixture.
- Place tomato slices over squash.
- Arrange remaining squash slices over tomatoes.
- Fold outer edge of dough over vegetables to make top layer of crust.
- Brush top with the beaten egg white.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Now this was a challenge. Turned out my pie crust was dried out so had to do a quick head to the grocery. Then working with pastry is not my forte, however I muddled through & boy was it worth it. This was great. May not look beautiful, but I will get better, and the taste was delicious. Not a lot of work if you have a decent pie crust in the frig. I served this with Bistec Encebollado (Steak and Onions) for a very delicious meal. Thanks Kim127, for a great side dish. Made for ZWT5.
This recipe is simply stellar! Totally delicious. I doubled the amount of bread crumbs and slightly increased the cheese, which I highly recommend. Very simple and tasty meal with an impressive appearance. (Reviewed for ZaarTag).