Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This takes a bit of prep time but is really worth it. Delicious hot or cold, My favorite is served with a thick slice of soda bread toast. A low GI meal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (approx 100g)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot (or more to taste)
- 325 g squash, peeled and grated (e.g. butternut)
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Drain as much liquid out of the squash as possible by squeezing in a colander or tea towel.
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Cook onion and caraway until onion is soft and golden.
- Add ginger and squash and stir fry for 3 - 4 minutes until squash is softened.
- Add the feta and mix well. Pat down the mixture and pull away from the sides using a spatula.
- Leave over a medium high heat for 5 minutes to brown the bottom.
- Put the pan under a hot grill for 5 minutes to brown the top.