1/2 Photos of Square Peg Corn Dogs
I wanted some corn dogs and I wanted to keep them on the healthy side so I made these up! They're square-shaped corn dogs and baked instead of fried but they're good! Try not to use a Ball Park or bigger franks because this batter is made for the turkey dogs which are skinnier so the batter just cooks around the dog. I hope you like them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl then stir in the milk, oil, and egg.
- 3Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened then pour batter into a greased 8X8 glass baking dish. Spread batter across the dish. (batter will be shallow).
- 4Place turkey dogs into batter and wiggle them a little to coat with batter. NOTE: You can place a toothpick into each dog before baking so you can easily cut them out after the batter bakes around them!
- 5Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6Let dish cool for about a minute then cut around each hot dog and lift out carefully with a spatula.
- 7Place on a stick or just eat! Serve with ketchup or mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Square Peg Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 136.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
turkey hot dogs