- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1-inch of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in water chestnuts.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to a serving dish; top with water chestnut mixture.