Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These sweet potato rolls are wonderful served warm with cinnamon honey butter. For the butter spread I am using extra virgin coconut oil just because it's much better for you and I like the taste but that being said you can use just simple butter. Enjoy!!!
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (that's about 1 large sweet potato, steamed)
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups flour (I use sprouted wheat)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In bread machine pan, place all wet ingredients first followed by the flouer and the dry ingrideints. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down. Divide into 30 portions; roll each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm with cinnamon butter on a side.
- Cinnamon butter: mix all 3 ingredients together using a spoon, If coconut oil is hard you can warm it up a little till softer or liquid. Enjoy!