Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was given to me years ago by a Swedish lady who made these each Christmas. As a little girl, they tasted so good and looked so pretty with the green and red sugar, that when I had my own home, I wanted to carry on the tradition of these little shapes. Pretty and tasty.
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix well--the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg yolk, mixing well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
- Pack into a cold cookie press.
- Press them onto a cold cookie sheet.
- Add any colored sugar at this time.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minute.
These are so good and easy to make. I had my DGD come over and help me make them. She really enjoyed decorating them with sprinkles and colored sugar. Such a fun project and everyone will enjoy them in their Christmas tins!