Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice healthy salad for those hot summer days.
- 1 lb shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup peeled seeded diced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine cabbage, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, celery and cucumber in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients for dressing.
- Pour over vegs; toss to coat well.
This is a gorgeous salad! I took it to a big get-together this afternoon and was glad I had found this beautiful dish to bring :-) I doubled the amount of cherry tomatoes, subsituted honey mustard for Dijon, and omitted the parsley. However, I thought the dressing could use more oomph. It may just personal preferences, but even though I like vegetables, I would prefer the dressing to have a more assertive flavor. The dressing was delicious but I thought I could taste too much of that "bitter" cabbage flavor. If you like cabbage, though, this would be great for you! I'll be making it again (especially because it has no mayo or sugar) but I'm going to add something to the dressing...more mustard, or herbs, or something like that. Thanks for the recipe!
loved this salad.
I enjoyed this salad for lunch this afternoon minus the broccoli florets since I'm not a big broccoli fan. Also, I subsituted the vinegar with fresh lemon juice and I skipped the garlic salt because I did not have that on hand. I will be making this again because it is good and healthy too! Thanks for sharing:-)