Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite pilaf and a crowd-pleaser too.
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In 2 quart saucepan bring water, butter, chicken bouillon, salt, pepper and garlic to a full boil (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add rice and carrots; return to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat to low; simmer until rice is tender (25 to 30 minutes) Stir in remaining ingredients.
I loved the toasted almonds in this recipe; however, the 2 T of bullion made it quite salty
This makes a wonderful dish to enjoy at lunch. I've made it quite a few times before and everyone loves it.