Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the Fresh Market website. Risotto demands a little patience, but it's well worth it.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 10 -12 stalks asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup imported parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 1⁄2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or 1 1⁄2 ounces ham, cut into thin strips
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter and olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add uncooked rice. Cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring broth to boiling; add the asparagus; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 7 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- Slowly add 1 cup of hot broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the broth has been absorbed. Repeat with the wine. The rice should be creamy and barely firm; it should take about 30 minutes to get to this point.
- Stir in the 1/3 cup cheese and remove from heat. Stir in prosciutto and asparagus and serve.