Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I served this salad for Thanksgiving and since then have fixed it several more times. I keep a jar of the dressing handy. We have a wonderful Grocery in Austin, Central Market. This came from there store magazine.
- 1⁄2 lb organic spring greens
- 6 ounces of clawson Stilton cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons la posada spanish sherry wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a saucepan, bring Ingredients 5-7 to a boil.
- Add pecan halves and toss with wooden spoon for about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the pecans.
- Take off fire and place on wax paper and cool. Use 1 cup for the salad and freeze the rest.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the last 4 ingredients.
- Assemble your salad, place pecans on top of salad and drizzle with dressing. ENJOY!
This was a very tasty salad! It was a little bit sweet, but the cheese toned down the sweetness a bit. If you can't find Stilton cheese (or don't want to spend the extra money) use a nice blue cheese. Also, the dressing was delicious, but next time I will leave the sugar out of it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Wonderful dressing! The sharp flavor of the cheese with the sweet dressing and tangy cranberries is wonderful. To make it more of a main dish, I think I will add some cold chicken breast next time but it is really perfect as written. THANKS for sharing.