Chef #494084's Note:
This is taken directly from Bon Apetite. It is very versatile and a wonderful spring-y soup--healthy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces ground chicken (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 6 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese, divided, plus more for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 minced, 2 thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large egg, whisked to blend
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white and pale-green parts only, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup ditalini or 3/4 cup other small shell pasta
- 1 cup peeled carrot, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup packed Baby Spinach
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1Mix chicken, breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, 2 minced garlic cloves, chives, egg, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Form into 1/2"-diameter meatballs (makes about 28).
- 2Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat. Cook meatballs until golden all over, about 3 minutes (they will finish cooking in soup). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- 3Add leek to pot and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and carrots; simmer until pasta is almost al dente, about 8 minutes. Add meatballs; simmer until pasta is al dente, carrots are tender, and meatballs are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add spinach and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan; stir until spinach is wilted and Parmesan is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped basil and Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Minestrone With Chicken Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 388.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 25.0 g