Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 lb jumbo asparagus
- 1 medium papaya, halved seeded and peeled
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup papaya nectar or 1⁄4 cup mango nectar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bottled mango chutney, grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of
- 6 ounces dry fusilli or 6 ounces rotelle pasta or 6 ounces other curly pasta, cooked,rinsed and drained (about 3 cups cooked)
- 1⁄3 lb shelled and cooked small shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 8 leaves boston lettuce or 8 leaves bibb lettuce
- Trim or break off asparagus spears at the tender point and rinse.
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Chill and set aside 12 spears; cut remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Remove seeds and cut half of papaya into eight 12 thin, lengthwise slices, chill.
- Cut remaining half into bite-size pieces.
- In large bowl, combine sour cream, nectar, chutney and lemon peel.
- Add cooled pasta, mix well.
- Stir in asparagus and papaya pieces, shrimp and green onions.
- Chill briefly.
- Spoon pasta mixture on lettuce leaves and arrange papaya and asparagus spears.
- Garnish with lemon twists or wedges and fresh mint, if desired.