1/1 Photo of Spring Chicken Fricassee With Peas
This is a recipe from a Pillsbury grocery check-out cookbook. I found it to be an easy, lower fat recipe using things I usually have on hand. The tarragon gives this a nice flavor. Be sure not to over-cook the chicken or it will get tough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn oven on 250-300 to warm.
- 2Cut each large chicken breasts so they are smaller portions. I do this at an angle so they are still not too thick. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high setting. (I prefer to use my stainless steel pan instead of non-stick). Place chicken pieces in pan and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned on each side. Remove from pan and place in a casserole dish in the oven to keep warm.
- 4In same pan, add the onions and sautee for a few minutes on medium heat, add chicken broth to de-glaze the pan.
- 5In a measuring cup, pour in the evaporated milk and then add the 3 tbs flour. Mix well.
- 6Turn the heat down to low and add milk/flour to the pan and stir with broth and onions until thickened.
- 7Add tarragon and frozen peas. Stir until warmed through, about 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- 8Open the oven and remove the casserole dish (be carful, it's hot). Pour the pea mixture over the chicken and serve.
- 9Serve with rice or potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Chicken Fricassee With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 293.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 35.0 g