Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a way to bring in the spring and summer? You'll find yourself at the dinner table going for this in place of anything else. ;) In mine I left it whole for presentation but it would better if cut as directed and tossed with rest of ingredients. can be served room temperature or chilled for those hot days.
- 680.38 g asparagus, cut in to1/2 inch pieces and peeled if tough
- 118.29 ml raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 473.18-709.77 ml strawberries, sliced thick
- 1 red onion, sliced very very thin
- 14.79 ml caramel topping or 14.79 ml honey, Plus more
- caramel topping or honey, to drizzle
- 14.79 ml hazelnut oil or 14.79 ml olive oil
- fresh grated nutmeg
- caramel topping, to taste
- 14.79-29.58 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook asparagus in well salted boil water for 3-5 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- Microwave onion in a 1/8 cup of water for 1 minute and rinse well in cold water and drain.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter.
- Arrange strawberries over asparagus. Or toss with asparagus.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup, whisk in caramel or honey, oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add onions to the vinegar mixture.
- Pour the mixture over asparagus.
- Drizzle with caramel topping. Sprinkle almonds over the salad.
I made this recipe twice now. For Easter and then my daughter's wedding shower. A big hit both times!
OUTSTANDING SALAD! This is really great! I cut the recipe in half (another time I make it when company's coming!) then used very tender asparagus cut into lengths of about 2" & used a homemade caramel sauce! Again, OUTSTANDING, & definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]