Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These look like they would make a great breakfast-to-go or a healthy pick-me-up snack. From Bon Appetit Jan, 2002.
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups puffed whole grain cereal (such as Kashi)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried tart cherry
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch square metal baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix cereal, walnuts, dates, cherries, and raisins in medium bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and corn syrup in heavy small saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking constantly until mixture bubbles vigorously and thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture in bowl; stir to blend.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan; press to compact. Bake until just golden around edges, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely. Cut into 2 1/2x1 1/2-inch bars.
- (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Store in single layer between sheets of foil in airtight container at room temperature.).
I'm gonna try making this for my dad when he gets home from the Rockies game. It sounds delish! :]