These look like they would make a great breakfast-to-go or a healthy pick-me-up snack. From Bon Appetit Jan, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch square metal baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 2Mix cereal, walnuts, dates, cherries, and raisins in medium bowl.
- 3Combine peanut butter, honey, and corn syrup in heavy small saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking constantly until mixture bubbles vigorously and thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- 4Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture in bowl; stir to blend.
- 5Transfer mixture to prepared pan; press to compact. Bake until just golden around edges, about 10 minutes.
- 6Cool completely. Cut into 2 1/2x1 1/2-inch bars.
- 7(Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Store in single layer between sheets of foil in airtight container at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sports Bars With Dried Fruit and Peanut Butter
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain cereal