Prep 2 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
an easy and fun to make cake that your kids will certainly enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) box cake mix (i used chocolate)
- 500 ml milk
- sugar, by taste
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 100 g unsalted almonds
- 200 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons of classic caramel ice cream topping
- food coloring
- bake cake mix in a rectangular pan.
- once they are baked let them cool down.
- then cut it in half to make 2 pieces (cut with thread).
- mix all ingredients for cream.
- boil them on a low fire until thickening.
- let it cool down.
- once everything is dry put a layer of cake and then a layer of cream and the almonds and the second cake piece on top.
- put it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- after it has been in the fridge for a few hours prepare the buttercream.
- mix the butter with a mixer and slowly add caster sugar to it until it is nice and fluffy.
- once it is nice and fluffy add the caramel to it.
- once the buttercream is done spread it all over the top and sides of the cake.
- leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
- once its done you must decorate it with the colored fondant, make sure to make it look like spongebob.