Recipe by *Alia*
A classic candy. Great plain or dipped in chocolate.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
I am posting this for my DD. I passed this recipe to her as she had a urge for Sponge candy but the prices are prohibitive near her. Her word," OMG, this was so good and tastes so great there won't be any left when Sissy comes. (my sister) edited to add: I made a batch the other day and want to say this is a 10 star all the way! Simple to make and tastes great! I already packaged some to send and plan to make more for Christmas. Thank you!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cook, without stirring, to 290-300°F.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Turn into a deep, buttered 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Cool, then break into pieces.
- Dip into melted chocolate.