Recipe by ajena's kitchen
This recipe has been in our family for years. I can't imagine a traditional holiday dinner without this on the table!I started making this with splenda instead of sugar for my father, who was a diabetic. We sometimes use the pecans, but feel free to leave them out and make this alot lower in calories.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 2 large oranges, unpeeled
- 2 cups Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the cranberries and set aside.
- Wash the oranges and do not peel them.
- Slice each orange into eight sections.
- Using a food processor, process cranberries and oranges.
- Stir in splenda. (If using the pecans, add those as well.)
- This can be made the day before, just keep it chilled until ready to serve.
- I have also made this and served it as soon as it was made. Either way, this is delicious!