Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Quick French Cuisine by Michelle Garner. This is tres simple and healthy!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dark green olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, trimmed, washed and dried or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, lightly tasted (toast 6 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees F)
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in olive oil in large skillet until soft.
- Add spinach and cook until tender and fairly dry.
- Add pine nuts to skillet and cook until moisture is barely absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Aussie Swap#17: WOW!! What a perfect combination of flavors!! I would have never thought to add the pinenuts to the spinach - incredible!!
This is a really fabulous tasting side. Loved the perfect compliment of the pine-nuts to the tangyness of the spinach. I followed your recipe as written using fresh spinach. I have to admit this was the first for me using pine-nuts. Won't be the last by any means. I loved toasting them first b/f sauteeing with the other ingredients. Wonderful, wonderful. Thanks for posting this recipe Mersaydee's and glad I tagged for NewestZaar Tag. 08'
This is very good, very healthy, and packed with fiber. I think that there are enough pine nuts to cut the quantity in half next time we make this to reduce the calories. We did a separate nutritional analysis and most of the calories are coming from the pine nuts. Made for ZWT8.