Recipe by Pumpkie
A little different than regular creamed spinach because of the cheese a good way to get my kids to eat spinach
- 2 (10 ounce) bags fresh spinach, stemmed,washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- fine sea salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the spinach in a large pot with just the water clinging to its leaves, cover, and cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain well and squeeze dry.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, add the spinach, cream, nutmeg and salt and stir well.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- I use the full amount of cheese because we like a lot of cheese if you prefer less use less.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let sit for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.