Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a throw together meal for our family after a day at work. Everything is either in the cupboard or freezer. Serve with a salad. Can be made ahead of time as well.
- 250 g frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 cup diced bacon (I buy mine from supermarket deli and freeze in 1/2 cup batches)
- 1 onion (grated or diced)
- 1 cup cheese (any cheese you want, cheddar, tasty, colby, mozzarella, parmesan, feta or a mixture)
- 200 ml cream or 200 ml sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. If the mixture is a little bit too runny just add a little more cheese.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Place a heaped tbsp full of the mixture in the centre of each of the squares of pastry and fold diagonally to form a triangle. Pinch close along one edge then adjust amount of mixture before sealing other edge.
- Don't over fill them or they may leak.
- Brush with milk, water or egg wash.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
Really good, very rich so we can't have this too often, but we all enjoyed it! Easy to put together and no changes are needed. Will have this again. Thanks for posting! PAC-Fall07