Recipe by gailanng
Easy and tasty...can freeze unbaked casserole for future use.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
I loooove spinach and I have made the same old spinach casserole for years and years! So this was a welcome change from the norm. I did add about 3/4 cup of swiss cheese to this, because we are crazy for cheese! This went well with mashed potatoes, garlic bread and italian meatloaf for dinner! I will make this again and again! With a few changes this would make a lovely spread for slices of toasted French bread as well! Thanks for posting! [Made for Holiday Tag October 2009]
- 907.18 g frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry (wrap in clean kitchen towel and twist until dry)
- 453.59 g artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed dry and chopped (optional)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- breadcrumbs (Italian is good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line bottom of small casserole dish with chopped artichoke hearts.
- In medium bowl mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Stir prepared spinach into butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Spread spinach mixture over artichoke hearts.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- At this point, you can cover tightly and freeze for future use. Defrost before baking.
- Bake 350 degrees 20 - 25 minutes or until hot.