Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
As dinner or appetizers
- 3 cups spinach, torn
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta
- Combine sugar, salt, oregano and tomato paste in a small bowl.
- Lightly oil pitas and place on a sheet pan.
- Lightly broil pitas until they're a little crispy.
- Remove pitas from broiler. Top with sauce mixture. Layer spinach, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese.
- Broil until cheese starts to melt.