Recipe by Moody
Fast dinner & a nice change from cold stuffed tomatoes. You can serve these as an appetizer, or as a side dish, or with a few additions, like a plate of greens, they could be the mainstay of a healthy dinner.
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed & chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" baking dish.
- Slice the top 1/4" of each tomato,& scoop the insides out.
- Try to separate the seeds from the pulp,& set the pulp aside.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato pulp, spinach, cheeses and oregano.
- Fill the tomatoes, and set in baking dish.
- Cover the dish loosely with foil& bake until the tomatoes are soft, around half an hour.
- Remove the tin foil& broil for 5 minutes to brown the top.