Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Scandinavian Soup. I love poached eggs and spinach don't you? :)
Top Review by Dienia B.
this is very nice before the tour i didnt know about eggs on spinach which i love and was unfamilar with tarragon which im becoming fond of lol this is simple and im made this for one and to tell the truth i didnt blend it , it was marvolous zaar tour 6
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb spinach (tough stems removed)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux.
- Stir in the milk little by little and then the chicken stock.
- Add the spinach and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- You will need to transfer soup to a blender in batches or use a immersion to blend until smooth.
- ***PLEASE NOTE HOT LIQUID IN A BLENDER WILL EXPLODE USE CAUTION***.
- Return Soup to the pot and keep on low heat and season with salt and pepper.
- MEANWHILE in large enough skillet to hold 4 eggs fill with water, add the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Crack open eggs one at a time into a small bowl.
- Gently lower each Egg into the water with a large spoon.
- cook for 5 or 8 minutes depending on how cooked you like the egg.
- Pour the spinach soup into bowls and place each egg on top.
- Garnish as desired or with some Paprika.