Scandinavian Soup. I love poached eggs and spinach don't you? :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux.
- 2Stir in the milk little by little and then the chicken stock.
- 3Add the spinach and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- 5You will need to transfer soup to a blender in batches or use a immersion to blend until smooth.
- 6***PLEASE NOTE HOT LIQUID IN A BLENDER WILL EXPLODE USE CAUTION***.
- 7Return Soup to the pot and keep on low heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 8MEANWHILE in large enough skillet to hold 4 eggs fill with water, add the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- 9Turn off heat.
- 10Crack open eggs one at a time into a small bowl.
- 11Gently lower each Egg into the water with a large spoon.
- 12cook for 5 or 8 minutes depending on how cooked you like the egg.
- 13Pour the spinach soup into bowls and place each egg on top.
- 14Garnish as desired or with some Paprika.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Soup With Tarragon-Poached Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 249.5 mg
- Sodium 448.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: