For the Salad
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
For the Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shredded lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear spinach into small pieces.
- Toss together spinach, scallions, and bean sprouts.
- Layer mixture on salad plates and top with mushroom slices, mandarin oranges, and almonds, and chill.
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing except oil.
- Slowly add oil, using whisk to stir constantly.
- Drizzle dressing over salad on plates and serve.