Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Chef Aharoni, chef and cook book author from Israel. I personally haven't tried the recipe.
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry (defrosted)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt, and
- white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped spinach
- 3 -4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated emmenthaler cheese
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese or 4 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix spinach, breadcrumbs, emmenthaler cheese, feta cheese, pine kernels, garlic, nutmeg, olive oil, salt and white pepper.
- Take two sheets of phyllo pastry and brush it with olive oil. Sprinkle breadcrumbs.
- Now put the filling and roll the pastry loosely into a log. Then wrap it around itself in the shape of a snail. Place the pastry in a baking dish.
- Take milk in a bowl and add egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour it over the pastry.
- Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and few drops of olive oil on top of it. Bake the pastry in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes or till it turns brown. Serve.