The subtle flavors and the ravishing colors combine to make this dish a unique experience.
Make and share this Spinach Pasta with Salmon and Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 7 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb fresh spinach pasta, narrower noodles preferred
- 1 tablespoon grated imported parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups flaked poached salmon, all skin and bones removed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus additional dill sprigs for garnish
- Bring the cream and half of the butter to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 tsp.
- of the salt, and the nutmeg, continue to simmer until cream is reduced by about one third.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot, add remaining 6 tsp.
- of salt, and drop in the noodles.
- Meanwhile, stir grated Parmesan, then the flaked salmon and 1/3 cup shopped dill into the cream, and remove from heat.
- Remember, fresh pasta is ready in 2 to 3 minutes at the most.
- Drain pasta, return it to the hot pan and toss with remaining butter until butter is melted.
- Divide pasta equally among 6 heated plates and spoon salmon cream sauce over each portion.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and serve at once.
Great easy way to use up some leftover salmon. Thanks, Sharon for sharing. Made for Think Pink tag.
This was very good, albeit a bit decadent. It was also easy (especially if using leftover salmon) and uses simple ingredients you might just have on hand. The flavor was simple and mild but not boring. Everyone ate it right up. All in all, 5 stars from me. Thanks Sharon123....
i halved the recipe for me tonite, it was a great way to use some leftover salmon fillet. i substituted whole wheat pasta, all it needed was freshly ground black pepper and some freshly grated parmesano reggiano- i know, but i love it that way:) thanks for another great meal. 12/1/08-- updating to say i make this recipe often, especially when i have leftover salmon fillets. i made it last night with lemon pepper papardelle, delicious!