The subtle flavors and the ravishing colors combine to make this dish a unique experience.
Make and share this Spinach Pasta with Salmon and Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 7 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb fresh spinach pasta, narrower noodles preferred
- 1 tablespoon grated imported parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups flaked poached salmon, all skin and bones removed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus additional dill sprigs for garnish
- Bring the cream and half of the butter to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 tsp.
- of the salt, and the nutmeg, continue to simmer until cream is reduced by about one third.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot, add remaining 6 tsp.
- of salt, and drop in the noodles.
- Meanwhile, stir grated Parmesan, then the flaked salmon and 1/3 cup shopped dill into the cream, and remove from heat.
- Remember, fresh pasta is ready in 2 to 3 minutes at the most.
- Drain pasta, return it to the hot pan and toss with remaining butter until butter is melted.
- Divide pasta equally among 6 heated plates and spoon salmon cream sauce over each portion.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and serve at once.