1/2 Photos of Spinach Pasta with Salmon and Cream Sauce
The subtle flavors and the ravishing colors combine to make this dish a unique experience.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 7 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb fresh spinach pasta, narrower noodles preferred
- 1 tablespoon grated imported parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2-2 cups flaked poached salmon, all skin and bones removed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus additional dill sprigs for garnish
- 1Bring the cream and half of the butter to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- 2Add 1 tsp.
- 3of the salt, and the nutmeg, continue to simmer until cream is reduced by about one third.
- 4Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot, add remaining 6 tsp.
- 5of salt, and drop in the noodles.
- 6Meanwhile, stir grated Parmesan, then the flaked salmon and 1/3 cup shopped dill into the cream, and remove from heat.
- 7Remember, fresh pasta is ready in 2 to 3 minutes at the most.
- 8Drain pasta, return it to the hot pan and toss with remaining butter until butter is melted.
- 9Divide pasta equally among 6 heated plates and spoon salmon cream sauce over each portion.
- 10Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pasta with Salmon and Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.2
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.7 mg
- Sodium 2784.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: