Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a potato recipe that freezes and reheats well. I do not use lowfat cheeses as they do not melt as well or have the texture of the regular cheeses. The peelings are left on the potatoes for extra nutrition and flavor.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 7 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Leaving skins on potatoes cut into small chunks and boil until done.
- Squeeze as much water as possible out of the spinach.
- Mash the potatoes with butter, sour cream, milk, salt and cayenne.
- Fold in spinach and cheeses.
- Using an ice cream scoop place potato mixture in greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Can be frozen.
- To cook one frozen potato muffin place in microwave on high for 2 minutes.