Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although it sounds a bit odd, it is delicious. This recipe can easily be divided by three to serve 4 instead of 12. My mother gave me this recipe but I only use 1/2 c of oil instead of 1 1/2 cups.
- 2839.08 ml spinach, washed and drained
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 709.77 ml mandarin oranges
- 709.77 ml strawberries, sliced
- 354.88 ml pecans
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 354.88 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 354.88 ml orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 177.44 ml raspberry vinegar
- blue cheese
- To prepare dressing, place salt, pepper, mustard and a few drops of oil into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Gradully add vinegar, oil, and orange concentrating - whisk until smooth.
- Put all salad ingredients in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve with blue cheese sprinkles.
Delish! I cut this recipe way down to serve just the three of us with leftovers for lunches but used all the ingredients (just in varying amounts), except for using a naval orange instead of the mandarin. I also cut down the olive oil substancially (using only about 1/4 or so making half the recipe) and skipped the blue cheese (however I may add the blue cheese for a work lunch). Thanks for sharing this keeper which is open to so many possibilities!
this was easy to make and colorful as well as very tastey would be very easy to adapt to use other fruits or berries.