Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Very easy quiche that uses fat-free yogurt, spinach, mushrooms and reduced fat swiss cheese. I find Alpine Lace reduced fat swiss in the deli at Wal-mart. You can also substitute egg beaters in place of the egg whites.
Top Review by Tarteausucre
This was a great weekend breakfast and the perfect way to use up a few bits of produce. Used all fresh ingredients, sauteed and cooled before adding to three whole eggs beaten with the yogurt. Chopped some garden fresh time and rosemary for the egg mixture and added a small handful of smoked mixed cheeses that I had on hand. The smokiness added some to the depth of flavors. Thank you so much for posting. Now I know what to do with that 1 leftover pie crust. :) Made for ZWT 6.
- 4 egg whites, beaten slightly
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen cooked and drained very well
- 1 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions (half a small can)
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat swiss cheese, shredded (I use Alpine Lace)
- 1 pie shell