Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very easy quiche that uses fat-free yogurt, spinach, mushrooms and reduced fat swiss cheese. I find Alpine Lace reduced fat swiss in the deli at Wal-mart. You can also substitute egg beaters in place of the egg whites.
- 4 egg whites, beaten slightly
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen cooked and drained very well
- 1 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions (half a small can)
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat swiss cheese, shredded (I use Alpine Lace)
- 1 pie shell
- Combine all ingredients. Be sure that all moisture is out of spinach.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until set. Cover with foil after 30 if crust is getting too dark.
This was a great weekend breakfast and the perfect way to use up a few bits of produce. Used all fresh ingredients, sauteed and cooled before adding to three whole eggs beaten with the yogurt. Chopped some garden fresh time and rosemary for the egg mixture and added a small handful of smoked mixed cheeses that I had on hand. The smokiness added some to the depth of flavors. Thank you so much for posting. Now I know what to do with that 1 leftover pie crust. :) Made for ZWT 6.
I used fresh mushrooms and added some salt and pepper. I'm also not on a low fat diet, so regular yogurt and cheese was added. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. ;)
This was very Good and Enjoyed by all today. The only thing I changed was using fresh spinach and fresh mushrooms, instead of frozen spinach or canned mushrooms. Very Flavorful and Healthy. Will be making again. Thank You. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice.