Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and sour tangy flair on canned spinach. My kids devoured it!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) candrained spinach
- Using skillet, or frying pan, fry bacon strips until crumbly--don't burn; remove from pan and crumble. Use for topping.
- Add onions to the left-over bacon grease and fry until transparent.
- While grease still warm, add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Then add the vinegar and stir to blend flavors.
- Add the canned spinach, heat and stir.
- Transfer spinach into a serving bowl with slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top. Salt and pepper to taste.